COGNITIVE IVF UK LTD
1. General provisions
1. 2 Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, therefore you. All of the Services that we provide are designated to you as the user of our App, or person interested in the services of IVF.
2. Controller of the personal data
2. 1 The controller of your personal data is the Company, together with its parent company , ID No. 09608095, with its registered seat in Prague, Olivova 2096/4, Postal no. 110 00, Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as “Cognitive IVF CZ”). The Company and Cognitive IVF CZ act jointly as a joint controllers in accordance with art. 26 of GDPR (joint controllers hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”).
2. 2 You may reach us directly at our e-mail [email protected] or on our address (hereinafter referred to as “Contact details”).
2. 3 Joint officers has appointed an external data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about our personal data policies or practices. You may contact DPO at [email protected], telephone number +420 777 118 385, or at:
ARROWS advokátní kancelář s.r.o.
150 00 Prague
3. 1 Personal data - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, surname, date of birth, location data, email;
3. 2 Processing of personal data - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on your personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
3. 4 Processor - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
3. 5 Purpose - the reason why the controller is processing your personal data;
3. 6 Legitimate interest – the purpose of the controller, processor or other entity that are determined by Union or Member State law;
3. 7 Cookies – A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website (Site) – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. The cookies we use may be divided as those used by us as first-party cookies (technical cookies) which are necessary to provide you with the functionality of the Site and third-party cookies – which are cookies from a different domain (for advertising and marketing purposes). Read more about the Cookies policy
3. 8 Recipient – the person that receives the personal data
3. 9 The third party - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data;
3. 10 Product, service – any product, course or service that we are providing for you;
3. 11 Main service – Main service is an App that connects applicants for in vitro fertilization with suitable IVF clinics as well as it allows the applicants to share the information about their health and fertility issues with the clinic they have chosen for the IVF cycle. The app also allows users to track data about their health information and procedures related to the IVF and further works as client´s decision support tool throughout the IVF healing process.
3. 12 Consent - freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your wishes, by a statement or by clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to you.
4. Purposes, method and period of time of processing the personal data
4. 1 Main service:
4. 1. 1 In order to provide you with the Main services, we need to know and process your personal data. We process your personal data for the purpose of conclusion and fulfilment of the contract on the provision of Main services. The processing of personal data is lawful because it is necessary for the performance of the contract.
4. 1. 2 Sources of the personal data.
We receive your personal data from various sources, which are in particular:
when you register on our Site or App;
when you apply for the Main Services on the Site or App;
when you use our Services (via Site or via E-mail or App).
4. 1. 3 The scope of processing. We only process such personal data that are provided to us from you via the sources as described above. In particular, the following personal data are concerned:
Account data: name and surname, e-mail, telephone number, the address of permanent residence, date of birth and state of nationality, gender, password or passcode, ID (for limited purposes);
Health data: you may choose to provide personal information about your health and well-being such as: weight, body temperature, menstrual cycle dates, various symptoms related to your menstrual cycle and health, other information about your health (including sexual activities), previous pregnancies, physical attributes, anamnesis with a focus on diseases that may affect the ability to conceive and deliver a child, well-being, and related activities, including personal life, sexual orientation;
Payment data: further, we process the information on your bank or credit card details, the Main services you have ordered, your payments, invoices with your personal details, etc.
Logged activities: You also may give us the ability to import into the App personal Data about your health and activities from third-party services such as Apple HealthKit, GoogleFit, Garmin connect, Strava etc. . Such imported personal data may include sports activities, weight, calories burnt, heartbeat rate, number of steps/ distance travelled, and other data about your health. In order for us to process any personal data under this category, we will explicitly ask for your consent on the registration screen.
Cookies: When you access or use the Site or the App, we may automatically collect the following information: device information (hardware model, information about the operating system and its version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, device storage information), location information (IP address, time zone, information about your mobile service provider), app usage data (including, among others: frequency of use, areas and features of our Site or App you visit, your use patterns generally, engagement with particular features).
Other persons data: When you set up your profile in the App, you may also share with us data of your spouse or partner, as well as their Health data related to the conception and further development of a baby. We will require this other person to confirm their acknowledgement of the way how we process their personal data. For this reason, we will ask you for their e-mail address or telephone number. / By using our services you confirm, that you have not shared with us other person´s data without their acknowledgment and consent.
4. 1. 4 Purpose and Duration of the processing. We process your personal data for the purpose of providing you with the Services, especially the Main services, and processing of your orders regarding the Services. We process some of your personal data even after the contractual relationship is already terminated. We process your personal data for the following purposes:
We process the personal data for the purpose of the provision of Services to you, fulfilment of the contracts relating to the Main services, for sending the reminders on payment and for potential complaint proceedings. We store these personal data for the duration of the contractual relationship we have with you. For this purpose, the lawfulness of processing is based because it is necessary for the performance of the contract and/or for the protection of our legitimate interest (to provide you information regarding the contract, to transfer your personal data to third persons for the purposes of the administration of the personal data).
Some of your personal data are on document´s relating to the accounting (invoices, bills etc.). For example, in accordance with the relevant accounting acts or acts on value-added tax, we are obliged to store those documents for a certain time period (this specific time period may differ according to applicable law in each country). If there is such a legal obligation, we store the concerned documents together with your personal data for the time period as stated by the applicable law.
In case you would not have fulfilled one of your obligations to pay for our Service or you would have caused us damage or harm, we can further process your personal data on the basis of the legitimate interest consisting of recovery of our claims against you and/or to protect and enforce our claims. For this purpose, we can process your personal data for the period of time corresponding to the statutory limitation period.
We use some personal data to train the AI algorithms that run the Site and App to make your experience with our services even more enjoyable.
4. 2 Cookies
4. 2. 1 While using our Site we may process your personal data via cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser that allows us or a third party to recognize you. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including our Site and App.
Technical cookies are necessary to ensure the correct function of the Website;
Third-party cookies – tracking cookies, analytical/targeting cookies.
4. 2. 3 You may adjust the authorization or the refusal of all of the third-party cookies or only some of the third-party cookies. The refusal of the cookie files may have a negative influence on the functionality of the websites, including the Site. You may adjust your choice regarding the cookies anytime or you may erase them from your electronic device at any time. Detailed information regarding the cookies is provided on the website of the appropriate website browser provider.
5. Transfer of the personal data to third persons and the beneficiaries of the personal data
5. 1 We are authorized to transfer the personal data we collect by the means described above to third persons who ensure some services relating to the provision of our Services, including administration or IT support, organization and storage of the personal data etc. These subjects are in the position of processors of your personal data.
5. 2 Beneficiaries of the collected personal data are in particular the following subjects:
with our suppliers of IT systems, who may have in specific cases access to your personal data;
with our external providers of accounting services that are necessary for fulfilling our legal obligations; and
with our external providers of legal services that are necessary for the enforcement of our claims and for protection of our legal entitlements;
our sister companies and other subsidiaries of our parent company Cognitive IVF a.s.
you may also instruct us to share your personal information with providers of health services, physicians, fertility clinics etc., especially in the case you choose to use the services of the provider of health services recommended by the App
(hereinafter referred to as “Processors”)
5. 4 We, including the Processors, are obliged to keep all the personal data confidential. The exemption is the duty to report your personal data to the designated public authorities and other entities who are entitled to request the personal data by the law (i.e. Police, Tax authority etc.).
6. Security of your personal data
6. 1 We have introduced to our system such necessary technical and organizational measures of internal control and processes of the safety of the information that follows best practice corresponding to the potential risk to you. At the same time, we take into consideration the perspective of future technological progress in order to protect your personal data from unauthorized disclosure, access or its loss. These measures include, but are not limited to, employees’ data protection training, regular backups of the data, the data recovery procedure, and mechanism of responsibility for an infringement of protected data, software and hardware protection.
7. Information for children
7. 1 We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register at our Site, apply for our Main services or send any personal data.
7. 2 If you exercise a right in accordance with this or in accordance with other applicable legal provision, we will inform on the adopted measure about your personal data every Processor who is processing such data, if the communication to the Processor is possible and/or does not require unreasonable effort.
7. 3 If you wish to exercise your rights or to receive the relevant information, contact us via one of our Contact details. When you contact us, we have to ask you to provide us with your identification information or other personal data which you have provided us earlier. The provision of such information is necessary for the verification if it is you who has actually sent the request. We will provide you with the answer no later than one month after receiving such request, whereby we retain the right to extend this time period by two months.If you wish to exercise your rights or to receive the relevant information, contact us via one of our Contact details. When you contact us, we have to ask you to provide us with your identification information or other personal data which you have provided us earlier. The provision of such information is necessary for the verification if it is you who has actually sent the request. We will provide you with the answer no later than one month after receiving such a request, whereby we retain the right to extend this time period by two months.
7. 4 Your rights. In accordance with the applicable law, you may require access to the personal data, which we, as a controller of personal data, process, the right for rectification, erasure or transferability, right to lodge a complaint and right to require the restriction of the processing. At any time you may withdraw your consent on the processing of personal data.
7. 5 Rectification of your personal data. In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right for rectification of the personal data that you share with us. If you have a request for rectification of your personal data, you may contact us with a request via one of our Contact details. We accept measures to ensure that you have your personal data up-to-date and correct. Anytime you may contact us with a request if we still process your personal data.
7. 6 Erasure of your personal data. Anytime you may provide us with a request for the erasure of your personal data. After you contact us with such a request we will erase all your personal data from our databases without undue delay, unless we process some of your personal data for the purpose of performance of the contract, because of our legal obligation or if it is in our legitimate interest. Further, we, as well as all the Processors, will erase your personal data if you withdraw your consent on the processing of personal data, if you grant it to us for any reason, or if it is required by the law.
7. 7 Withdrawal of the consent on the processing of personal data. You may anytime withdraw the consent on the processing of personal data that you granted us without giving us any reason. If you want to withdraw your consent let us know via one of our Contact details and we will erase your personal. Please take into account that the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the previous processing on the basis of a given consent.
7. 8 Access and transferability of your personal data. You have a right to receive your personal data you have provided to us. If you require, we can transfer all or only part of your personal data (processed on the basis of the contract or consent) directly to a third person (another controller of personal data), whom you mention in your request for the transfer of the personal data, if such request will not have a negative effect on the rights and freedoms of other persons and will be technically feasible.
7. 9 Restriction of the processing. If you provide us with a request to restrict the processing of your personal data, especially in cases when you doubt the accuracy, lawfulness or our need to process your personal data, we will restrict the processing of your personal data to the necessary minimum (processing for assessment, enforcement or defence of our legal claims or because of the protection of the right of another natural or legal person or from other reasons). However, if the restriction of the processing is cancelled and we will continue in the processing of your personal data, we will give you a notice about this without undue delay.
7. 10 A complaint at the Office for personal data protection. You have a right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of personal data at the Information Commissioner’s Office, with its registered office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, website: https://ico.org.uk
Questions and comments
Cognitive IVF UK LTD
Cognitive IVF UK LTD
71-75 Shelton Street